Waiver and Release of Liability for Adults & Minors
In consideration of the permission granted to me and my child/children identified below (“Covered Family Members”) by The Service Collective/Fund for the City of New York (together referred to as TSC) to participate in the Volunteer Event described above, I agree as follows on of each of my Covered Family Members:
- I understand that the scope of my Covered Family Members’ relationship as a volunteer with TSC is limited to a volunteer position, that no compensation is expected in return for services provided, and that I am responsible for my Covered Family Members’ insurance coverage in the event of personal illness or injury. I understand that TSC does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide my Covered Family Members with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of TSC.
- My Covered Family Members are voluntarily participating in a Volunteer Event with TSC. I have read a description of this program and/or have been briefed on the activity and understand that this activity may involve hazards, dangers and risks to my Covered Family Members and our real or personal property. I am willing to take the risk of such hazards in order to participate in this activity, and I hereby agree to assume those risks on my own my Covered Family Members.
- On behalf of my Covered Family Members, and our family, heirs, and personal representative(s), I agree to (a) assume all the risks and responsibilities surrounding my Covered Family Members’ participation in the Volunteer Event, the transportation to and from the Volunteer Event, and in any independent activities undertaken as an adjunct thereto, (b) release, waive, forever discharge, and agree not to sue The Service Collective, Fund for the City of New York, the City of New York, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, suppliers and volunteers (the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability for any injuries, including death or damages both personal or to property, resulting from my Covered Family Members’ participation in the Volunteer Event or any adjunct to the Volunteer Event, regardless of cause, and (c) indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for any injuries, including death or damages both personal or to property, resulting from my Covered Family Members’ participation in the Volunteer Event or any adjunct to the Volunteer Event, regardless of cause.
- I agree and expressly grant full permission for TSC, and its affiliates, directors, officers, agents, employees, and any organizers of the Volunteer Event to use, share, and publish in any type of media, including the internet, photographs, portraits, films and videos of my Covered Family Members, as well as quotations made by my Covered Family Members, in accounts and promotions of this Volunteer Event and/or TSC. I grant and convey to TSC all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of my Covered Family Members’ likeness or voice made by TSC in connection with our providing volunteer services to TSC. I agree that I shall have no right of review or approval regarding the use of my name and/or likeness in such material.
- I understand the physical requirements of participation in this program. My Covered Family Members are physically fit and prepared for this Volunteer Event, and my Covered Family Members do not have any medical or health-related issues or problems, which preclude or restrict any of our participation in this Volunteer Event. I have adequate health insurance necessary to provide for and pay any medical costs that may result from injury to my Covered Family Members.
- I give permission for coordinators, staff and emergency personnel to make necessary first aid decisions in the event of accident, injury or illness. I authorize Releasees to use their discretion to call emergency personnel, if appropriate, in a medical or related emergency. I agree to waive any and all claims against Releasees related to emergency treatment related to my Covered Family Members. In the case of injury, accident, illness or inability to complete these activities, I will bear the full cost of any expense incurred due to any injury to my Covered Family Members or damage to my/our property.
- My Covered Family Members will give full cooperation to TSC staff and volunteers, and we will alter the project site only as directed by a TSC representative on-site during the Volunteer Event.
- I understand that TSC employees, contractors or adult chaperones may, if necessary, use a vehicle to transport trip participants, or participants may travel on public transit. I acknowledge and understand that my Covered Family Members’ participation in these activities, as well as any related travel, may present risks to us, including but not limited to property loss, personal injury, serious injury, and permanent loss. I assume and accept any and all such risks to my Covered Family Members, known and unknown, arising out of our participation in these activities.
I have reviewed and understand this waiver of liability and release, and I have signed it freely and voluntarily. No oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the above written statement, have been made.
I further state that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent to sign this Agreement. I further state that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor child/children identified below and fully competent to sign this Agreement on their behalf. I have read this Waiver and Release in its entirety, and understand that by signing this form, my Covered Family Members are giving up legal rights and remedies. I execute this release for full, adequate, and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same.
I expressly agree that this Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York, and that this Waiver and Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver and Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Waiver and Release shall not be affected.